The Sony Smartwatch is a discrete way to keep in touch with the rest of the world, ensuring that you don’t miss a thing. I like to call it “The Original” smartwatch as it was one of the first, if not the first, true smartwatches to hit the market.
The Sony Smartwatch is perfect for when you want to be contactable (by text, email or via social media sites), but can’t have your telephone switched on. It is discrete as the watch vibrates rather than rings, which means that nobody but you are any the wiser.
Read social media updates, emails and texts
Control your smartphone’s music
1-3-inch color OLED display with multi-touch
Gently vibrates when notification comes in
Dimensions: 7 x4 x 2.5 inches
Weight: 1.6 ounces
The Sony Smartwatch provides a way to make sure that you never miss that important phone call, or text; the watch also allows you to keep up with your friends on social media. Designed with discretion in mind, it notifies you of texts, emails and social media updates by a gentle vibration rather and not an intrusive ring.
This means that you can still keep track of what is happening in the outside world, even when it is inappropriate, or rude, to take out your phone. Not only can you keep connected, but the watch’s compatibility with most android smartphones means that you can control your smartphone’s music, and use dedicated apps. The watch comes with a wrist-band and a clip-on back.
- Stylish, elegant and modern design
- Great for receiving calls when the use of telephones is inappropriate
- Wide variety of apps
- Good value for money
- Navigation menus are easy to use
- Bluetooth connections are sometimes poor, and easily lost
- Lack of set-up user instructions
- Charging cable is too short, and it is easy to accidentally disconnect cable when charging
- Using widgets slow the watch down
- Clip comes loose
- Low resolution screen
- Screen sensitivity is inconsistent
It is also great when you need to respond quickly: no more fumbling in your bag, or digging in a deep pocket, to find your telephone. The Smartwatch is overall good value for money and it is stylish and very modern-looking.
Despite the definite positives, there are some negative elements with the watch, the main one being the responsiveness and sensitivity of the touch screen: sometimes it is hard to get any response when touching the screen, yet at other times, a slight accidental touch can switch the watch off.
Although it is obviously described as a watch, the time is not always displayed: to save battery life, the screen turns off after a few seconds. To see the time, you need to press a button or shake your wrist, but the latter seems very hit and miss and doesn’t always work. Either way, it is tiresome to have to press a button, rather than just being able to glance at your watch.
Overall, the Sony Smartwatch has great advantages, but does need a little tweaking to rectify some annoying, less than ideal, features. There are also other best smart watches under 100 dollars that you can find on the market or stores.
What Others Are Saying
- “GPS and Exercise apps… I LOVE the GPS directly on the watch… I can see where I am at any time. ”
- “For what being what it is, an early generation of smartwatch it is in my book one of the best smartwatches out there.”
- “Overall though I like this watch. Very stylish, sleek, small, and intuitive.”